POSITION VACANCY: Program Facilitator, Part- Time
Job Title: Program Facilitator, Part-Time
Reports to: Program Director or Senior Program Facilitator
Definition: The Program Facilitator is responsible for supervising the girl participants and facilitating programs offered by the organization.
Start Date: This position will start in January, 2018
Girls Inc. is committed to a vision of empowered girls in an equitable society. We respond to the changing needs of girls through research-based programming and advocacy that empowers girls to reach their full potential and to understand their value and assert their rights.
The successful candidate’s primary responsibility will be the delivery of in-school and community-based programs for girls ages 6-18 so they may develop strong life skills that promote their individuality and personal growth.
The successful candidate will work out of our Fort McMurray office with travel as needed within the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo. The successful candidate must be available to work weekday hours, including occasional evenings and weekends, approximately 40 hours per week.
- Facilitates Girls Inc program curriculum as designed
- implements age-appropriate activities for girls ages 6 to 18 based on the developmental needs of the girls
- Supervises girls during program activities and field trips
- Maintains positive relations with all related constituents including girls, guardians, volunteers, and other program staff
- Communicates and coordinates activities with other staff
- Assists in the execution of Fundraising activities
- Works as a team member with Program Director and other Program Staff
- Participates in set-up and clean-up of sites
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma, Relevant post-secondary education preferred
- Computer literacy with Windows, MS Office Word, Excel and desk top publishing knowledge
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Group facilitation skills
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of gender equality
- Background clearance from the RCMP and social services
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
Hours of Work: Hourly position, 20 – 24 hours per week, including evenings and possibly weekends
Please apply by email, mail or Fax with resume and Cover letter
Leigh Grant-Simms, Program Director