Girls Inc of Northern Alberta will be operating the Staying Strong Mentoring Program. This program focuses on Healthy lifestyles, self-esteem, art, leadership and anti-violence & anti-bullying through activities that are facilitated by the mentors with Girls Inc. Staff assistance.
Mentoring helps to builds self confidence, improve grades, enhance relationships with family and peers, and develop a higher engagement in one’s community.
Meeting Weekly Wednesday Nights from 6:00 to 8:00 PM
at the Girls Inc. Office. 10019 Mac Donald Ave. Lower level of Unifor Office Building
According to the Alberta Government, “Mentoring is increasingly recognized as a powerful course of action in the positive development of children and youth.” These positives benefits are:
- Improved attitudes about staying in school
- Enhanced academic motivation and achievement
- Strengthened peer, school and family relationships
- Reduced risk of involvement in drugs and alcohol
Topics to be covered in mentoring sessions (but not limited to):
- Appreciation and kindness
- Dealing with difference
- And of course having lots of FUN!
Parents must fill out the required registration and waiver forms here and bring them the first day of the program. FORM – Program Registration & Waiver